2019-2020 Workshop Schedule
(coming in the Fall of 2019)
General Workshop Information:
- Workshops will begin promptly at 8:00 AM, so please allow ample time for parking and check in.
- Workshops will conclude at 3:30 PM each day, with the Holocaust survivor presentation at the end of the day.
- There will not be adequate time to leave and get lunch; please bring your own lunch.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for renewal .6 renewal credits. You must attend the entire workshop and complete the online evaluation tool to receive renewal credits.
- To save costs, we ask that you print your own handouts from the workshop resources page on this site. Just visit the title of the workshop you are doing and print the handouts for the workshop (labeled at the top of the page).
- Please also bring a fully charged laptop or tablet with you to the workshop, as we will be accessing resources online as part of the activities.
Reimbursement for Substitute Teachers:
- Pay will be provided for public and charter school teacher substitutes, at the DPI established rates of $80/non-certified and $103/certified teachers.
- There is no substitute code for the Teacher Workshops on the Holocaust.
- Substitute teacher reimbursement pay for charter and public school teachers is paid through the North Carolina Council on the Holocaust, an agency of the N.C. Department of Public Instruction.
- Attending teachers must sign a substitute reimbursement form at the workshop for his/her county. This form is returned to the Council and forwarded to DPI for processing. Reimbursement is via NC DPI Allotment revisions for PRC 003, not checks.
- Substitute teacher reimbursement applies to one workshop per academic year. Teachers may attend more than workshop without substitute reimbursement pay.